The herd management tool acts as a conduit of communication between neighboring landowners. The deer herd and landowners will thrive when using this tool constructively.
The benefits of using the herd management tool are:
- Know how many bucks were harvested in your hunting area
- Know the age of the bucks harvested in your hunting area
- Know which particular bucks were harvested which means it is less likely that bucks will disappear without you knowing what happened.
- Historical record keeping, giving a clear picture of the population dynamics over time
- Better understanding of buck to doe ratio
- Understanding of the age class of bucks
- Understanding of
- Acres per buck harvested
- Acres per doe harvested
- Historical record keeping